Product Review: Essence's Lash Princess Volume Mascara

Hello, makeup junkies! 💋

I've been dying to post this review of Essence's Lash Princess Volume Mascara ever since the (first) day I tested it.

I've been on a hunt for a decent and inexpensive mascara since I finished my Celeteque one months ago. I haven't been really successful, until I dropped by Essence to pick up a new eyeliner, and saw this cutie!

Essence Lash Princess Volume Mascara 
Php 349

The packaging looks like a corset and is extra girly because of the peachy pink/orange color. The cap is made of rubber that makes opening easier (I can just imagine how useful I would find this little "feature" once the mascara is not as new and the formula on the outside rim start to dry up).

I think I startled the sales lady after squealing like a little girl when I saw it on display. I wasn't expecting it to be available in the Philippines as I haven't noticed it before (seems impossible as who can miss this adorable packaging). I wanted the green one, which was their waterproof version, but they didn't have it. I was actually lucky because I got the last piece.

Bare lashes on the left. 1 coat of mascara at the top and 2 at the bottom

Royal! the lash princess mascara with a specially-shaped cobra-head wand covers each individual lash to create dramatic volume and a gorgeous, sweeping look. for intensive fluttering lashes. just as unique as any princess, the mascara is presented in a beautiful evening gown.


from www.essence.ue

The wand reminds me of a twisted cobra head as the middle tapers off a little bit. The bristles are made of hair and are spaced apart perfectly, to make sure lashes are volumized, but still be able to brush out the clumps.

Initial application at the top. 8 hours after application at the bottom.

Initial application at the top. 8 hours after application at the bottom

The formula sets and dries (that looks really dry) fairly quickly. It did not make my lashes crunchy or sticky. It made my lashes look really black and I would say, a little thicker. Although it didn't mention anything about length, I still see that it has made my lashes look a little longer. Which is a plus in my book! In fact, it made my eyes look more "open" since it did a good job in making my lashes curl up, even without the help of an actual curler (something I really wanted to get out of my mascaras). It doesn't have any strong nasty scent, although, it still has a slight, somewhat chemical smell that goes away right after application. It was also easy to remove by the end of the day.


The only downside to this mascara is, it smudges and flakes a little on me. And since I wear contact lenses and I tear up  constantly, I get raccoon eyes after 8 hours of wear time (which is pretty common for me even with other brands).

Ingredients:
AQUA (WATER), CERA ALBA (BEESWAX), PARAFFIN, CARNAUBA (COPERNICIA CERIFERA) WAX, ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, STEARIC ACID, PALMITIC ACID, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, CERA MICROCRISTALLINA (MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX), AMINOMETHYL PROPANOL, MAGNESIUM SILICATE, GLYCERIN, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, POLYIMIDE-1, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES).
from www.essence.ue

Pros:
- Adds volume and makes lashes really black
- Separates lashes and coats each lash giving the appearance of more lashes
- Mascara wand combs out clumps and gives lashes a fuller look

Cons:
- Not waterproof
- Smudges and flakes

The Final Verdict: This is a decent mascara and I'd say I will repurchase this product. That's because for me, the smudging and flaking issue can be easily resolved by cleaning and touching up. Like what I've mentioned, it's something I've always experienced even with other mascaras and it's not really new to me. But because I really noticed a difference in my lashes, and this mascara didn't make my lashes feel (and look) brittle, I'd say it's one of the better mascaras I got to try.

Until next time! I'll see you on my next post.

Xoxo,

Missus C 💋

No comments