Product Review: Sephora's 01 Always Red Cream Lip Stain

Are you looking for the perfect red lipstick? Look no further, I just may very well have it here in front of me!


If like me, you are dreaming of a true red lipstick that is vibrant, matte and long-wearing, girl, you absolutely need this in your life!

One swipe

Sephora Always Red is a cool red with a matte finish that is limited edition and retails for $14.00 and contains 0.17 oz.
 From www.temptalia.com




Description 
About
Available in an array of rich shades, this high-coverage stain is contains avocado oil for a texture that transforms as you wear it from creamy to silky and lightweight. Lips achieve stunning, high-pigment color and feel soft and comfortable all day.
Benefits
  • Enriched with Vitamin E.
  • Available in matte and satin finishes.
  • Not tested on animals.

HOW TO

  • Starting from the center of your upper lip, glide the stain to each corner.
  • Repeat the process on the lower lip








Ingredients:

Isododecane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polybutene, Petrolatum, Cyclohexasiloxane, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Aroma (Flavor), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Propylene Carbonate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Tocopherol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Benzyl Alcohol. May or may not contain (+/-): Mica, CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 15850 (Red 6), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 75470 (Carmine).







www.sephora.ph

The first time I saw this on Mimi by Coffeeandsparklesbymimi, I went crazy! It looked soooo good on her! I instantly searched for it and saw it was available on Sephora PH's website for Php 804 (and during this time I started hearing angels sing 😇). I was waiting for the perfect opportunity to order it, as I couldn't bear paying extra for the shipping. So when they announced they had free shipping for Chinese New Year, I quickly submitted my order (it was in my cart for what felt like forever!). The package arrived in good condition a little over a week after placing the order. The packaging with its standard doe foot applicator and tube made of plastic isn't something that's really rave-worthy. It's what's inside that counts...


It reminded me a lot of Ofra's liquid lipsticks and NYX's soft lip creams as it is lightweight, but not runny, and also has a moussey consistency. It didn't feel sticky. In fact, it feels a bit powdery after it sets and most importantly, doesn't dry out my lips. It dries down matte (I don't think you can get any matte-r than this!), has a mild sweet smell and lasts an insanely long time. I can go the entire day without touching up, in fact I can still see traces of it after stepping out of the shower, and that's saying a lot since my facial wash has argan oil. However, with this being such a bold color, I wouldn't dare not to reapply after the 7th hour.


At around the 6th hour, if you have eaten anything oily and, if like me, have been drinking coffee/juice/tea non-stop, you'd start seeing the lip cream stain break down along the portions of where your lips are moist the most (inner and middle parts). You might also see a slight bleeding around the outside/outline (I didn't use a lipliner) of your lips. And if you have flakey/dry lips, some of the little bits may get inside your mouth or on your teeth. But even with those tiny flaws, I still love it as the color vibrancy is still spot on!

I have to say, this has got to be one of the best (and most gorgeous) if not, the best lip creams/liquid lipsticks I've ever tried and I can't recommend this enough! And if you're still undecided whether you should get this or not, let me just leave you with this swatch to torture and haunt you. Lol!


Xoxo 💋,
Missus C

No comments