Product Review: L'Oréal's Infallible 10HR Lipstick in Bold Bordeaux

Lipstick. One of the makeup items I can't get enough of. Not only can it turn one's face from blah to ahh, it also gives one that boost of confidence, making them look more "made up", thus, "presentable". And because of the recently concluded National Lipstick Day, I had one more reason to buy new lippies! Including L'Oréal's Infallible Le Rouge/10HR Lipsticks, which had me at long-wearing.


Product Benefits:

Take your lips to the next level with Infallible 10HR Longwear Lipstick. This revolutionary and innovative formula delivers bold, luscious color that lasts all day long, making it the ultimate beauty indulgence.


Innovations:

Infallible 10HR Longwear Lipstick offers up to 10 hours of vivid, hi-definition colour and shine, while hydrating Vitamin E keeps your lips moist and comfortable. Discover the truest color payoff in a creamy, conditioning base.
From.lorealparis.com.ph


Image from beautymnl.com

CLAIM TO FAME: A moisturizing, long-lasting lipstick with a demi-matte finish

FAST FACTS: Delivers up to 10 hours of vivid, high-definition color; leaves a gorgeous, healthy sheen; formula mattifies when blotted; hydrates lips with Vitamin E for moist, comfortable lips; creamy, conditioning base won’t dry or flake off 

PERFECT FOR: Everyday wear
From beautymnl.com

This line has been around for quite some time, but just like any other lines from other makeup brands, it took a while for it to be released in the Philippines. In the U.S. they refer to the Infallible lipsticks as Le Rouge, whereas in the Philippines, we  just call it Infallible 10HR lipsticks. When it was first launched in the U.S., it came in a slim silver tube, but they soon changed it to a black base with color-coded caps. And with the change, there were claims, the formula and shades/color changed as well. I can't say for sure if that is true, as I don't own any  of the older versions. But most of their old colors are still available and more.


I got the shade Bold Bordeaux, eventhough the reviews I've read about this are hit and miss, because I wanted a dark red wine shade. I guess, since I was under the impression, long-wearing is equivalent to matte, I was expecting this to have a matte finish. Unfortunately, it does not. Although, one can just blot the lips to remove the shine. It applies like a lip gloss and it has tiny shimmers that gives it an almost frost(y) finish.

Two swipes at the top. One swipe at the bottom. List of Ingredients on the right.

It was easy to apply, but I didn't find it creamy. In fact, I immediately felt my lips shrink and dry up like a prune. It felt very tacky and it takes several minutes to set. It has a sweet floral scent during application, but it goes away quickly and is not really bothersome to me. And because I got a dark shade, as with other brands, it could be challenging and tricky to get an even color.

In person, Bold Bordeaux is darker and more wine colored versus what's seen above (pictures taken with flash)

This was no exception, this shade was very streaky, even after trying to layer it. I'm not sure if it was because my lips' original color was not even or becuase they're dry, but I tried different ways to make it work to no avail. I tried exfoliating, applying a lip balm, covering my lips with concealer, but still, it came of streaky and uneven. It also transfers. The only consolation I got was once it wears off, the stain it leaves, is more even. However, what made it really disappointing was it did not live up to its name of being long-wearing. It didn't last 10 hours. It didn't even last 5 hours on me! It was gone after I had a meal, and although it left a stain, the stain only lasted for an hour, even without drinking or eating.

Pros:
- Leaves an even stain
- Sleek packaging
- Gives lips a lipgloss shine effect

Cons:
- Streaky/Patchy color
- Sticky on the lips
- Color transfers
- Not long-wearing as it claims
- Expensive than other drugstore lipsticks

The Final Verdict:

I was hoping to get more wear time from this lipstick as it is one of the more expensive lipsticks I have from the drugstore (original price: Php 500, I got it on sale for Php 300 plus shipping). I will try the other shades I have soon (Forever Frappe and Tender Berry). I'm still looking forward to trying them as the reviews I saw for the other shades are better than Bold Bordeaux's. But if you're looking for a deep wine shade, you'd be better of getting a different lipstick, I suggest, Maybelline's Divine Wine or Wet n' Wild's Spiked with Rum. 💄

See yah on my next post!

Xoxo,
Missus C 💋

No comments