Product Review: Maybelline Creamy Matte Brown Nudes Lipstick Collection

A rainy day/night, Makeup Junkies! Living in the Philippines, means monsoon season has started and we're in for cold and wet days (maybe even weeks) ahead.

That, however, does not hinder me from sharing some awesome finds!


To celebrate National Lipstick Day last July 29, a lot of makeup brands had offers on their lipsticks that were too good to pass, including, Maybelline. These are Php 299 each, but I was able to get mine for Php 199 from Beauty MNL. They also took advantage of the hype around National Lipstick Day by releasing their newest collection, which is every 90's girls' dream, the Brown Nudes. When they first released their Creamy Mattes line, everyone went gaga over Touch of Spice, I guess that's partly why they were inspired to make more colors similar to it. In fact Touch of Spice is part of the collection. But since it was released earlier, the buzz surrounding this shade is not as loud as the others. 

WHAT IT IS


Color Sensational® Creamy Matte Lip Color. Creamy matte-finish lip makeup available in gorgeous hues. Achieve beautiful-looking lips in just moments.

BENEFITS


Achieve statement-making color with our supremely sensational matte lipstick. Precious oils leave a sensuous finish. Available in a collection of eye-catching shades.

HOW TO USE/APPLY


Step 1. Apply lipstick in the center of your upper lip and follow the contours of your mouth. Step 2. Glide the lipstick across the entire bottom lip.
From www.maybelline.com

They have 6 shades in total. I didn't get the lightest one, which was Nude Embrace.


CLAIM TO FAME: Maybelline’s best-selling matte lipstick formula, now in a collection of flattering nudes and browns

FAST FACTS: Buttery-soft formula applies rich and creamy; delivers vibrant, opaque color payoff; glides onto lips seamlessly for comfortable wear; long-lasting formula with a shine-free, velvety finish

PERFECT FOR: Everyday glam
From www.beautymnl.com

From Top Left to Right: Nude Embrace, Daringly Nude, and Clay Crush
2nd row L-R: Nude Nuance, Touch of Spice, and Burgundy Blush

1. Nude Embrace - Although I didn't get this color, I did get to try it. It was a nice caramel shade with neutral undertones. It looked straight up beige on me and what I imagined "Nude" to be. And because it was very light, it accentuated the lines on my lips more than the other colors. It also made me look washed out a bit.



2. Daringly Nude - is the second lightest shade in the line. A nude with pink undertones. A great color for fair-skinned girls.



3. Clay Crush - a light brown with orange tones, that looks almost terracotta. 😍  I am in love with this shade, as it looks flattering on the skin if you have a yellow or warm undertone.



4. Nude Nuance - a darker brown version of Clay Crush, think burnt sienna. This was the shade I was eyeing at first and I was stoked when I got this as a freebie when I took a #Lipfie at Maybelline's counter in SM Makati.



5. Touch of Spice - a muted mauvey-brown with plum undertones. A great everyday color. If you'd like to see a more in-depth review of this color, you can check my previous post here.

I apologize for the less than perfect bullet. This lippy has been living in my purse since I bought it. 


6. Burgundy Blush - The darkest shade this line has to offer. A vampy dark brown with a touch of red. I would have like this more if it was less patchy and did not cling to the dry skin on my lips or emphasize my lip lines.



I am just missing the swatch of the 2nd shade, Daringly Nude


Ingredients:

All of these lipsticks are pigmented! They applied smoothly without tugging on the lips. They go on opaque after the second layer and, like what it's name suggests, very creamy. Although not very matte, it still does not have the shine other lipsticks have. And if that is what they had to sacrifice to make sure these lipsticks do not feel dry on the lips, I'd gladly accept that. It lasts 4-5 hours with minimal drink and food intake (shorter for the lighter shades). It smells sweet like vanilla, bordering Play-Doh, but you only smell it when you're applying it. All in all, just like how I fell in love with Touch of Spice, I am in love with the rest of their shades as well. So if you are the nude lipstick kind of girl, you better not pass on this. 💄

Xoxo,
Missus C 💋

No comments