Product Review: Pinkies Collection's Matte Lipstick in Bark

Hiyah, lipstick lovers!

I know I purchased this lipstick weeks ago, but I never found the time to sit down and give you my thoughts about this lippie, from the local brand Pinkies Collections, until today. During my drugstore finds blog, I hauled this baby and I immediately fell in love. It was very matte, which made me fall in love with it even more. This shade, Bark, has been the talk of the town of Pinay beauty bloggers and vloggers alike since 2015. I apologize if I am late to the party and was only able to get it recently.

Pinkies Collections ML14 Bark. Php 199

Pinkies Collections is the urbane girl's favorite cosmetic. With chic and long-lasting makeup lines, Pinkies meets your delightful expectations. 
From Pinkies Collections Facebook Page

It comes in  a cute baby pink square tube (slightly bigger than Maybelline's square lipstick tubes), which I personally find bulky and not so easy to hold (but is not really an issue during application). The cap is secure and clicks shut when covered. It has a mild sweet scent. The ingredients are listed on its side and a sticker at the bottom shows the lipstick shade.

It is such  a pretty mauve brown color (with a tinge of gray/gray undertones) that's perfect for everyday wear. It isn't too loud, and for some this may work as an MLBB shade, so it can be worn in the office, but it's still pretty enough to make heads turn. It wears well for a good 3 hours, with minimal drinking and eating (non-oily food). But during the 4th hour, one can start feeling their lips getting drier by the minute. But with a little lip balm, it makes wearing it less of a chore.


Until one day, whilst applying this, I suddenly had a feeling I've seen and worn this shade before. It looks very similar to something I already have... 

From Top to Bottom (swatches on the left): Pinkies Collections in Bark, Pink Sugar's Xoxo, and Maybelline's Touch of Spice.

Yes, it looked, without a doubt, like my Pink Sugar XOXO lipstick! 😑 And it didn't stop there, I whipped out my Touch of Spice from Maybelline, and lo and behold, I have 3 lipsticks that are almost the same! Arrgh!!! *#/@&^! It just shows how much I love this kind of color.

Now, if you look closely, they still look slightly different. In the swatches, Bark is more brown than pink, it is also more matte. Whereas XOXO has more pink than brown, with the tiniest bit of shine (under their creamy matte line). Touch of Spice has more mauve in it, so one can tell which of the 3 it is right away. But it is essentially under the same shade family.


A word of advice, fellow makeup junkies, if you already have XOXO or Touch of Spice, you might want to pass on this, as on the lips all three, to me, look almost the same (with the exception of their finish).

Until the next post! Enjoy your long weekend. Tata!

Xoxo (will you look at that. Lol!),

Missus C 💋

No comments