Product Review: Tony Moly's Tony Tint Delight in 02 Red

The first of the -ber months just ended and I can sense the hoilday traffic hovering over our heads, ready to descend on us at any moment. But, let's not fret and talk about good things instead. Like this new review I have for you, makeup junkies. 💄


Korean/Asian makeup has been all the craze right now, with the BB cushion foundation taking the makeup world by storm and the ombre lips following suit. Lip tints have been around for decades and are not necessarily asian/Korean, but this lip tint from Tony Moly (a Korean makeup brand) is a holy grail for some local YouTubers (ie. Anna Cay), I couldn't resist picking it up (or adding it to my cart 😉), eventhough I am not a huge fan of lip/cheek tints. I am not too fond of having to use it with my fingers and using it on both my cheeks and my lips (seems very unhygienic to me). What sets this apart from other lip tints? It's light-weight, gel-like consistency. I got this during National Lipstick Month/Day for Php 199 and I figured why not try it out and see what the fuss is about?


It comes in a slim, cute, and travel-friendly tube. I say cute because of it's heart-shaped cap. Although, this is not a new product of Tony Moly, they say the formula was revamped with the new packaging.
It has a long, slim wand with a slanted doe foot applicator to help you get the last bit of product (which I appreciate as I feel it's such a waste if I can't use all of it) and spread it evenly on your lips or cheeks.
I got it in 02 Red. I believe they also have it in Pink and Coral/Orange. Here's how the red one looks like swatched.


It smells fruity and sweet. It reminds me of strawberries (the artificial kind) a lot. It feels cool and light on the lips. It lasts for about 3 hours on me. It doesn't really stain the lips so it comes right off after eating or drinking. It can also feel a bit drying if worn too much for too long (I wear a balm underneath which could have been the reason why it only lasted 3 hours on me). I like how it instantly gives my lips color without looking heavy. I just have to remind myself not to get carried away as the color I got can get very bright and loud in an instant if I get too much product. You can also make ombre lips with this if you're into Korean makeup.


For the cheeks, however, it's a different story. During initial application, I loved the rosy glow it gave me. It looked so natural, (when used with a light hand and spread quickly and evenly) and it gave me the flushed look I wanted. But after several hours, I'm not sure if it's because my skin is no longer like a teen's or it's really because of the product, it  wore off uneven on me, making me look splotchy. It looked so bad my officemate asked me if I was okay because I looked like I had rashes. I literally had tiny red spots on my cheeks! I didn't want to give up on it so easily, so I tried a different foundation the next day to see if that could have been the reason, but the result was the same! Que horror!

So in reality, I could really only use this on my lips (which is initally what I intended to use it for anyway, because I didn't like having to use my fingers to spread it on my cheeks), and it works great. You just have to have a steady hand as the long, slim wand makes it a little tricky to apply. I either always mess up the sides of my lips or my lower lip. 😣 (A quick tip: Dot in the middle of your lips and spread it by pressing your lips together. Build it up if needed.) But, if you want to get this to use as a blush, beware! You have been duly warned.

Till my next post!

Xoxo,
Missus C

No comments