Product Review: Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal

The time for me to review this beauty has finally arrived!


Yaass! Right after taking pictures of my last haul, I couldn't contain my excitement and immediately played with this baby! Becca's Opal Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed (Powder).


Becca Opal Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed ($38.00 for 0.28 oz.) is described as a “golden opal pearl.” It’s a light-medium, golden champagne with a frosted, reflective finish. -www.temptalia.com

I had to remind myself to use it sparingly, savor it and make it last as the pan is quite small and costly, compared to my other highlighters. In the end, I'm glad I went with the powder version instead of the liquid (spotlight) one, as not only does it have better reviews for oily skin, upon checking the box, the expiration of the pressed version is actually longer. It expires after 24 months from opening whereas the liquid version is good for 9 months only.


Although I did hear there is a slight difference between the two in terms of color, both have the same undertone. With the exception of the pressed version being a tad more golden compared to the spotlight.

To be honest, I didn't really need another highlighter and I was worried it would be too similar to E.L.F.'s Pinktastic, which I already have, but I couldn't pass up such a great deal!
Left: Opal      Right: Pinktastic

As you can see from the swatches above, they are still a bit different from each other. Opal (pressed) has more gold while Pinktastic is more champagne. I'm thinking, Pinktastic would be more similar to the liquid version of Opal. Now, let's talk about how different it is from (my) other highlighters.

1st: Celeteque from Blush and Face Contour Kit, 2nd: theBalm's Mary-Lou Manizer, 3rd: Becca's Opal, 4th: Makeup Revolution's Inhale, and 5th: ELF's Pinktastic

Some of you may say, they all look the same, and at first that was what I thought too, but after swatching them side by side, although similar, there are still subtle variations to these highlighters. I'm glad I didn't end up getting the exact same color/s of highlighters.

So aside from the color, being different, I feel Opal appears more glittery on the skin than my other highlighters. Don't get me wrong, the glitters are so fine, you can barely see them, plus the glitters/shimmers didn't really affect the product as it is still super fine and smooth to the touch! It is so finely-milled and soft, it almost feels creamy. And that's what I think, contributes to the "luminous" factor.

What sets this apart is it's longevity. This lasts all day! I can wear it in the morning and still see it by the time I get home at night, which is something none of my other highlighters do. The only downside is, you would have to clean up the rest of your face on the 6th hour mark as some of the glitters transfer.

A word of caution, however, since this is highly-pigment, it may emphasize your pores if applied too much. I suggest using a light hand and a fan/stippling brush or a moderately dense brush. Start with a little product and just lightly dust it on top of the cheekbones, tip of the nose and cupid's bow. Then go back and build it up if needed.

The verdict: definitely a must-have! Especially now that strobing is the new contouring! Eventhough it's on the more expensive side, you won't really be using too much of it and it can last a long time. It's of great quality, so you'd get your money's worth. Although, I still don't see myself spending almost 3k (pesos) for the full-size, this got me thinking about looking at their other shades (in deluxe sizes, lol!).

'Till the next post. You glow, girl!

Xoxo,
Missus C 💋

No comments