Product Review: L'Oreal's False Lash Butterfly Waterproof Mascara

For thousands of years (think Ancient Egypt), women (and apparently men), have sought innovative ways to make their eyelashes appear long and luscious. They applied different things they can get their hands on to help them with this, including kohl and malachite. Fast forward to today, I'm glad I don't have to crush stones and minerals to get thick and fluttery lashes. Which leads me to today's product review, L'Oreal's False Lash Butterfly Waterproof Mascara.


Stretch and extend your lashes like wings! Introducing Voluminous Butterfly Mascara, one of L'Oréal Paris most-exciting mascara innovations, yet. ... The unique Cocoon Fibers instantly wrap lashes in a soft, delicate veil to create silky, spectacular lashes that flutter.

A tube costs about Php 600 but I got mine on sale at SM Megamall for Php299.


CLAIM TO FAME: A waterproof, volumizing mascara that creates the fanned-out lash effect

FAST FACTS: Give you volumized lashes at the root; optimizes your lashline’s length, thickness, and texture with a dark, defining formula; unique asymmetrical brush helps lift and stretch your lashes for a dramatic falsies effect

PERFECT FOR: Wide-awake doll eyes
From www.beautymnl.com

This mascara boasts of a unique wand that is shaped like a butterfly wing. This promises longer looking lashes that would give you the look of falsies.



It has rubber bristles that tapers at the end helping you get to hard to reach places.


I like the wand a lot as it was easy to maneuver around and wasn't very stiff and pointy. It also did a good job of keeping my lashes' curl and was indeed waterproof.


The formula is on the drier side, which is how I like my mascaras, but for some reason, this didn't do it for me.


Yes, it made my lashes dark, but I don't really see the "false lashes" claim. Sadly, it fell short in terms of volumizing and lengthening. If you put false lashes on the tube, then I expect to see my lashes from a mile away!


Another downside was, it was a pain to remove. Even if I use an oil-based make up remover, it still would not come off  completely so I ended up not wearing it everyday. And on days I do wear them, I found myself using a volumizing and lenghtening mascara first and then topping it off with this one to keep the curl and seal it in to make it waterproof.


So would I repurchase this? No, I won't, even if it's on sale. But I would definitely check out L'Oreal's other mascaras, yes I am looking at you, Lash Paradise!

'Till next time.

Xoxo,

Missus C

No comments