Makeup Revolution Haul Part 2


Here's another Makeup Revolution haul for you makeup junkies/enthusiasts! After my first successful purchase, I couldn't help but look at Makeup Revolution's website and lust after their eyeshadow palettes. I have been eyeing their infamous chocolate palettes and I figured why not get the dupe of Kathleenlights' favorite eyeshadow palette of all time, the Too Faced Chocolate Bar? And since the shipping fee is quiet expensive, I decided to throw in a couple more 😉 items in my cart. So, if you'd like to see what I got this time, keep on reading/scrolling.

Since I already kind of hinted at getting the dupe of Too Faced's Chocolate Bar Palette, let's start with that one, the I ♡ Chocolate. And yes, it was damaged during shipping, I apologize for its less than perfect appearance, I did my best. 😂 By the way, some of the items I got are from I♡Makeup, which is a line (or maybe a sister company, not entirely sure) under Makeup Revolution. They were all ordered from MUR's website.


The shades You Need Love, More!, and Smooth Criminal shattered into a million pieces so they look weird on the pan (I tried Michelle Phan's hack and fix them with a bit of alcohol) and the colors are slightly off (since they kinda mixed with the other broken shades).


They smell like cocoa and it sort of reminds of Swiss Miss (Yummy, I know!). This palette has 16 shades. 6 of which are matte, 3 shimmers with small gold glitters and 7 satin shades.

Next, I got one of their Redemption Palettes in Iconic Elements which was not in as sad state as the previous palette because the eyeshadows were still intact, but the lid was smashed. I just glued it together so it would still cover the shadows 😢.


They say this is a dupe of Urban Decay's Naked Basics 1 & 2. This palette contains twelve neutral shades ranging from light to dark and includes cool and warm tones. Perfect for everyday use.


The next item I got is, their I am in Love palette (I♡Makeup) which comes with 6 eyeshadows and a lipstick. They also have I am Sexy, I am Powerful and I am Naked.


Yes, I tried fixing one of the shadows in here as well... 😣

Perfect for ladies on the go. The colors are reminiscent of Urban Decay's Naked 3 Palette. This handbag hero includes 2 mattes, 2 satins, 2 shimmer eyeshadows and 1 creamy satin lipstick which are color coordinated (pink hues) for the perfect sweet and romantic look.

I also got one of the Ultra Blush Palettes in Hot Spice. (Let's all take a moment to appreciate this beautiful palette 😍).

It comes with 8 blushes (unfortunately 2 of them broke). 2 baked, 3 mattes, and 3 with tiny golden shimmers/glitters.


Our ULTRA Blush & Contour palette is perfect for the professional application desired by all of us. Perfect for highlighting and contouring too.

Professional and highly pigmented, yet easy to blend, these contain 8 shades consisting of shimmer and matte blushers, merged baked blusher, and merged baked highlighter powder. The ULTIMATE blush palette offering you 8 shades in 1 to suit any occasion!

And lastly, their lipsticks! I got 3 (Crime, Dusky, and Mystify) of their Amazing Lipsticks - Your MUST HAVE lipstick!

From nudes to brights, and mattes to creamy there is something to suit everyone. And 1 Iconic Pro Lipstick - Be Bold. Be Iconic. Be Revolutionary. ICONIC Lips are here. Makeup Revolution brings you an outstanding collection of the most desired lipstick shades Super-Intensive coverage and comfortable to wear. Our contemporary packaging is now lacquered to give you the ammunition you need all the time. Be Bold. Be Iconic. Be Revolutionary. There are 20 shades to choose from. - in Looking Ahead.


To be honest, I wasn't as happy with this purchase as I was the last time, eventhough, I got more palettes from this order, they were all damaged or broken and I had to fix them to make them look presentable. I already mentioned this during my last haul, and I still feel the same way, customers pay a lot for shipping, the least MUR could do is to make sure it gets to their customers in 1 piece. It's a good thing they responded to me quickly after I e-mailed them. Hopefully, they do something about it and ensure my next orders (or most of them at least) arrive intact.

Update: They gave me a refund for the palettes that were damaged during shipping. I'm impressed by how they handled my issue and how quick they were able to address it. Now, I won't be as worried to order more stuff from them knowing how good their customer service is.

Till next time. Xoxo 💋

6 comments

fluffylilchic said...

Hello! Just want to know how your purchased your items from MUR. Did you opt for the standard international shipping? Was it tracked or not? Also, do they ship the items at your doorstep? Or do you still have to go to the Postal Office (Pasay?) to get the items and pay the taxes? I've been dying to purchase their products but I'm too worried about the whole shipping process. Your response would mean a lot of help to me. Thank you!

fluffylilchic said...

Thank you so much for the lengthy and detailed response. This will surely help me a lot.

Anyway, I think tracked shipping is not included in free shipping. But if you're saying that I won't be able to see it thru the post office's tracking site, I might as well opt for the free shipping. What do you think? I'm kind of nervous. I am international online shopper virgin. Lol.

Btw, how much does your purchases usually cost?

Missus C said...

Hi! Sorry for the late response. I purchased it online through their website. I think they changed it to TAM beauty now, but it's the same, they just combined it with Freedom Makeup and their other sister brands. Yes, I chose standard international shipping and paid around 500 pesos. For the first couple of orders I made, they sent it to my house and I didn't pay any taxes (I guess they didn't notice they were international packages). But for my next orders, they sent it to my local Post Office in Rizal and the mailman delivered a note, like a claim letter, with the amount for me to be able to pick up the package. It was around 100-150 pesos (but I think that would still depend on how much your total balance would be). My mom ended up asking the mailman if he can deliver the items and just pay him since I might not be able to drop by before their closing time (5pm). He agreed and we just paid him extra. I'm glad I did that because when I did this, the items did not arrive broken (vs when I didn't pay any taxes and they delivered it to my home). Bdw, I suggest you watch out for their sales/promos for free international shipping, it will make your purchase sweeter. ��

They give you a tracking number with your order number but you won't really be able to see where your package is because the post office's online tracking site doesn't update their information frequently. And shipping might take up to 3-4 weeks maybe longer if they get a lot of orders. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have more questions. I'm excited for you! Yey! ��

Missus C said...

Oh I didn't know that, I just based it off of the comments I read about the site not showing/tracking the packages real time since mine didn't show up after entering my tracking info. You should be okay though, they wrap the items individually now, plus they refund it if anything breaks. But, if you're still concerned about the shipping, maybe you can sign up for package/parcel forwarding services. I haven't personally tried it, but basically you sign up for their service, they give you an international PO box address where you can have your package delivered and then they'll forward it to your real address. You can save on international shipping costs (but of course you pay for the forwarding services) and your package is safe! My purchases came up to more or less 2k.

fluffylilchic said...

I'm having a hard time choosing between shipping w/ TAM Beauty and using a freight forwarder. If the duties and taxes are computed depending on the value of the item, according to other sites, cosmetics is being taxed w/ 19% of the total amount. While for freight forwarders, they charge shipping by volume or weight, whichever is higher. Both are actually pricey. Looks like a battle between the convenience of having the item delivered at your doorstep and picking up the item at the postal office.

Missus C said...

True! Let me know how it works out for you. ☺