Drugstore Finds: Pink Sugar Creamy Matte Lippies and Essence Lipliners

Don't leave a girl alone to wander down the beauty aisle... You'll never know what she might pick up!

So today, I found myself walking towards the mall to look at makeup with no intentions of buying anything. I remember seeing Essence releasing a new lip product (I think they're called the Velvet Sticks) on Instagram and I was wondering whether they were already available (they're not) in the Philippines and how they'd look swatched in person, when the inevitable happened. I passed by Pink Sugar's counter/booth and saw their new lippies displayed. 👀

Lipstick in Xoxo, lipliners in In the Nude and Satin Mauve

I ended up buying a new lipstick and 2 lipliners I don't really need, lol!

Pink Sugar released 5 new shades for their Creamy Matte (Php 349 each) line.

CLAIM TO FAME: A semi-matte lipstick that delivers long-lasting color

FAST FACTS: Covers lips in gorgeous color with a soft matte finish; highly pigmented formula glides on smoothly; formulated with vitamin E and shea butter to moisturize, nourish, and soften lips during use; comes in 10 bold shades


PERFECT FOR: All day lip lusciousness

From www.beautymnl.com

Their new shades are:

XOXO - a soft brown pink
Hot Mess - a mauve pink
Girl Next Door - a deep toned beige
Hotline Bling - a bright fuschia

Image from Pink Sugar Ph's Instagram account

And while the lipstick I got (XOXO) from Pink Sugar is a new release, the lipliners (Php 99 each) I bought from Essence have been around forever! They just changed the packaging! And from what I remember, the colors are still the same. Hopefully, they didn't make any changes to the formula, as I found it comfortable and not drying on the lips the last time I got a lipliner from them.

I picked up In the Nude and Satin Mauve. I already have their Red Blush, which I liked because it was very pigmented, soft and didn't tug on my lips.

Essence Lip Liner glides on smoothly and precisely to ensure perfect lip contours and endless hours of lipstick fun. The wooden lip liner is ideal for smudge-proof and long-lasting lip makeup.


Image from www.essence.eu

So, eventhough I don't really need these new lip products, I'd have to admit, the colors I got are so pretty, I don't regret buying them. Plus, I can always tell myself it was Mother's Day last week and these can be considered as gifts to myself *wink wink.

Until next time.

Xoxo 💋

No comments