Product Review: Makeup Revolution's Naked Chocolate Palette


As promised, I am back with a review of Makeup Revolution's I ♡ Makeup Naked Chocolate Palette. I have been testing and playing with this palette ever since I received it several weeks ago. It comes in a 3D half melted white chocolate bar (yum!) form that looks good enough to eat (bdw, it smells like chocolate too) and includes a double-sided sponge tip applicator.



This is their third "installment" (the first two being dupes of Too Faced's Chocolate Bar Palettes) under their chocolate bar line and is a popular favorite of makeup gurus on YouTube and beauty bloggers. In fact, I consider this as one of my "YouTube Made Me Buy It" purchases. It didn't really catch my eye, that's why I didn't include it in my first Makeup Revolution haul, instead, I went with the original I♡Chocolate palette.

The Love Affair with Chocolate continues with the stripped back eyeshadow collection in our collectable chocolate bar palettes.
Naked Chocolate is here. Containing 16 stunning eyeshadows for perfect bare to smokey eyes, mixture of shimmer and matte shades. 3D chocolate palette with full size mirror and applicator.




It has 16 eyeshadows, 2 of which are bigger than the others, as they are highlight/brow bone shades. 5 of its shades have a matte finish while 11 have shimmer/satin.


Pretty, right?



So, let's talk about the shades, shall we?


First row: Smoothly, Divine, Mocha Lover, Dipped, and Choc-fest


  • Smoothly - a light pink matte shade that's great as a base color to make colors on top pop and easier to blend.


  • Divine - a shimmery rose gold that is gorgeous as a lid color.

  • Mocha Lover - a shimmer shade similar to Divine as it also belongs to the rose gold family except it has a hint of copper and is a bit darker.

  • Dipped - a light brown satin shade. Perfect for neutral looks.

  • Choc-fest - a satin deep reddish brown almost burgundy shade that's great on the outer corners to create dimension. One of the darkest shade in the palette. This would have been perfect if it wasn't patchy/hard to blend and does not kick off a lot of powder.


Second row: Adorable, Buttons, Frosted Choc, Delight, Sweet Shop, and Sugar


  • Adorable - an icy pink shimmery shade that works great as a highlight. I mostly use this on the inner corners of my eyes or on the middle of the lid with dark looks for dimension.


  • Buttons - a cool-toned brown with shimmer that is dark it almost looks grey on the pan but swatches brown.


  • Frosted Choc - a warm shimmery pretty bronze color.


  • Delight - a dark brown-grey, that resembles Buttons (when in the pan), except it is a bit darker and the shimmer particles are finer.


  • Sweet Shop - a matte warm mid-brown that's great as a crease shade.


  • Sugar - one of the other darker shades, similar to Choc-fest except it is more brown than red and has tiny shimmers.



Third row: Double Dip, Tob-le-rone, Wonka, Milky, and Way


  • Double Dip - a very shimmery golden orange color. Looks spectacular on the lids.


  • Tob-le-rone - a matte taupe color that works really well as a crease color. Not as pigmented but is really easy to blend.

  • Wonka - (White on some palettes) a dark matte warm brown. Also works great on the outer corners for neutral/smoky looks.

  • Milky - another matte shade that's identical to Tob-le-rone except it's more pink almost old rose color.

  • Way - a great highlight color. Looks white on the pan, but when applied looks almost transparent with really yellow gold shimmers.


Left side


Right side



By the way if you're wondering, MUR's shipping has improved immensely, in fact all the items I ordered during the last two hauls arrived in mint condition! 😄

Going back to the palette, similar to my review of the first chocolate bar edition here are its pros and cons.

Pros:

- Majority of the shades are creamy, buttery and easy to blend with good color pay-off and minimal fall out
- a lot of neutral colors
- Most shadows have good staying power
- Smells like cocoa

Cons:

- Not available in the Philippines
- Some of the shades do not have great pigmentation and have fallout
- Not travel friendly because of the size
- Colors do not have enough variety

The Final Verdict: This is a very pretty palette and it is indeed a neutral lover's dream. But like what I initially thought when I first saw this, and is partly the reason why I didn't add it to my cart the first time, the shades are too similar and didn't have enough variety. Don't get me wrong, this is a very lovely palette, but for me, it works more as "support/addition" to what I already have since I still find myself, reaching for other palettes to get, say, a really dark brown or a warmer crease shade. I find I cannot create a lot of "looks" from this palette alone. I'm not sure why, maybe it's because of my skin tone (as none of the others who purchased this seem to have the same issue), I would still give this palette a go, as who knows, maybe it will grow on me like how the first one did.

Till next time 💋,

Missus C

No comments