Product Review: Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Oasis


"All good things come in small packages". This is especially true for the travel/deluxe sized makeup I recently have been obsessed with. I purchased my first ever Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush since I have been on the lookout for a long-wearing blush that can withstand the sweat and oil mine I call my face (lol!). I wanted to try Exposed since they say it looks good on a lot of skintones and it's the best.

But since I don't want to spend money (around Php 1k) on a full-sized product I might end up not liking, I opted to go with a mini-sized blush first.

The closest shade (to Exposed) I could find was Oasis (which is part of their Skin Squad Discovery Set).
A long-wearing, supremely soft blush infused with Amazonian clay harvested from the banks of the Amazon River and naturally baked by the sun.
Amazonian clay minimizes oil in and around pores to balance skin and keep product in place while also hydrating the skin naturally to restore moisture, reducing the appearance of dry, flaky skin.
Product performance: This 12-hour blush universally benefits all skin types for a fade-free, flawless finish in shades ranging from soft to vivid and matte to shimmer to suit a wide variety of skin tones.
How to: Using a blush brush, fan over the apples of the cheeks, blending along the cheekbone.
From www.tartecosmetics.com

It is a lovely nude with a hint of pink. I love how natural looking it is. And eventhough it is pigmented, it's almost impossible to go overboard. Even if you add too much, you won't end up looking like a clown.

I like how natural looking it is, in fact, you can get away with passing it off as a "real" blush/flush on the cheeks.
Just look at that swatch!
Now that I am done gushing about how beautiful this blush is, let's talk about its cons.

First off, it doesn't really last 12 hours on me, which is okay because I don't really need it for 12 hours, but I was hoping it would last at least 8 hours or a full shift at work. Sadly, on me, it only lasts 6 hours at the most (I have normal-oily combination skin). Aside from the wear time, it can also kick up a lot of powder. I suggest using a stipple brush when working with Tarte's blushes to make picking up the product easier. Lastly, although I cannot attest to this, I 've read and heard reviews about some of their shades, especially the ones they include in their holiday sets (that are made in China) from 2015 onwards, having a different formula. They say it's drier and a bit more powdery than their "original/regular" blushes.

For the final verdict... I love this blush, even with its cons!

Not having to reapply my blush until after 6 hours is good in my book (maybe they can just remove the 12 hour tagline for consumers not to expect too much). And because this color is close to perfection, I would continue to use it and hopefully, if they offer this in full-size, I can get one in the future.

'Till next time, makeup junkies!

Xoxo,
Missus C


No comments