Accessorize! Layered Necklaces

Accessory is defined as something added to something else to make it more useful, attractive, or effective.

For the last couple of months I've been obssessing over  layered necklaces. Ever since I've seen my current favorite makeup guru, Kathleenlights (if you haven't watch any of her videos, GO watch her, she is AMAZING!) wear layered necklaces and unbox her jewelry subscription box. After seeing her try on several pieces, I felt like a woman on a mission to find layered necklaces. I browsed several online shops, checked the malls and even stalls in the market to look for really nice accessories, but they're either tacky or really expensive. Until I found this lovely piece from SM Makati. This was by Yansy and I got this for only Php279, still cheaper than the ones I've checked in the market.



And since I loved it so much, I decided to make my own (DIY mode ON!)! Good thing my sister gave me her "beaded" gold chain (14 inches) she no longer uses and told me about how one can purchase chains (Php10 per inch depending on the style/design) and add locks (Php 60) to them at the Landmark. I also got my mom's old necklace (18 inches) with three small circular pendants with "Life", "Love", and "Laughter" engraved on them. I just bought a twisted chain for my pearl pendant (16 inches) and arranged/layered them! Here's the end result.



Hurray for DIY and all girly things that are pretty! Now I don't feel the need to get a jewelry subscription (although I did see a very nice one from the Little Black Box check them out at http://wearlbb.com. They have a one-month, three-month, 6-month, and 12-month subscription valued at Php 1600/month, less if you get more than the 1 month sub). ;)




No comments