Product Review: Pink Sugar's HD Lipstick in Rebel


Pink Sugar is a local brand which sells affordable fragrances/body mists and more recently, cosmetics! Their products look very promising as they are specifically made for Filipinas. Their products are also Paraben-free and cruelty-free. So when I received a Pink Sugar Comsetics exclusive box from BDJ, I squealed in delight. I immediately zoomed in on the lipsticks, murmuring "Please be red" while opening them. I've seen local vloggers' swatches and knew they had really nice reds but were not very familiar with the names. The first one I got was 'Royals' which was a pretty purple color. My heart broke a little because I was hoping it would be a red matte. Good thing when I opened the second lipstick I got which is in 'Rebel', it turned out to be red! I immediately tried it and it was love at first swipe/swatch.


CLAIM TO FAME: A creamy lipstick for high-definition, high-impact color

FAST FACTS: Delivers maximum color payoff in a variety of highly-pigmented shades; formulated with vitamin E and shea butter to moisturize, nourish, and soften lips during use; glides on smoothly and blends easily

PERFECT FOR: Brightening up your beauty look

From www.beautymnl.com


I used the heck out of this bad boy. You can probably tell by how it's no longer as pointed as it used to be. Lol!


It was very creamy and did not tug on my lips during application. I like how it did not dry out my lips and was buildable. Rebel is a true classic red that complements morena skin. It has a satin-cream almost semi-glossy finish and is very highly pigmented (it is HD after all!). It didn't really make my teeth look yellow but it didn't make it whiter too. I've been using it for a week and below are its Pros and Cons:


Ingredients: 

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Petrolatum, Polybutene, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Ozokerite, Paraffin, Hydrogenerated Castor Oil, Fragrane, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherylacetate, Butyrospermum parkii (Shea) Butter, Ethylhexylglycerin, BHA, [+/- (May Contain): MICA (CI77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Tin Oxide (CI 77861

Pros:

Creamy
Buildable without issues
Moisturizes the lips
Highly-pigmented
Not as expensive as other lipsticks
Smells great (it has a subtle sweet and floral scent)
Secure and sturdy package

Cons:

Not transfer-proof
Lasts 3-4 hours only, less if you drink or eat
Bleeds if not worn with a lipliner
Not matte
Can be unforgiving when mistakes are made as it is very vibrant (I suggest using a lip brush)

The Final Verdict: It's an awesome product! The pros still outweight the cons, as one can still work around them by reapplication, blotting/powder, using a lip liner and a lip brush. Plus, it gives you more (the most) bang for your buck!

I will definitely repurchase and try out their other colors, probably get another red from their creamy matte line. :) Now off to show this red lippie off! Toodles! 💋

No comments