Unboxing: BDJ's November Elite Box


After the horrible traffic in the metro yesterday, I was bummed I had to go to work, since it's a holiday in Makati due to the APEC Summit and all. So imagine how my heart skipped (a beat), I had to literally clutch my chest to make sure it doesn't jump out, when I saw this package on my bed! Lol! I wasn't expecting my BDJ box to come this early. Their boxes, in the last couple of months, have been (arriving) late (almost the end of the month). But still, I was happy and thankful that my box has finally arrived!


Since I've been following BDJ's Instagram and Facebook accounts, I knew their November box will contain makeup (yesss!), will be an exclusive, and based on their cryptic messages/pictures would be colorful & sweet. I kinda had a feeling it will be from the recently launched local makeup brand (they have been creating such a buzz), Pink Sugar. I have been meaning to check out their products, especially after seeing may favorite local YouTuber/makeup guru, Say Tioco Artillero wearing their lipstick. I was glad BDJ decided to partner with them this month.


Upon opening the box, one would immediately see their obligatory cards that would contain information about the products included in the box, tips on how to use them and of course the welcome message from the BDJ ministers (as seen on the first photo, lower right). For November, the theme is "Sugar, spice, and everything nice" and according to them, this month's box allows their bellas to have fun with sweet beauty delights that they can mix and match to their hearts' content. It's definitely bursting with color and will help me prep for my holiday look.


Elite boxes cost 1,480. And starting August of 2015 BDJ has been exclusively (except when they offered a Luxe Box in October for 5k; Regular Boxes are for 580Php) offering elite boxes (December 2015 boxes are already sold out and if you're interested in sunscribing to their boxes, you'd have to wait until next year or when they become available again). They promise to give you 3k worth of products or 2x the value of your money/what you paid for.


So let's talk about the products inside this month's box. It contains 9 full-sized products and the nice thing about them is, you can complete a makeup look with them as BDJ was thoughful enough to include a mix of eye, cheek, face and lip products.

Pink Sugar products in the box:

1. It's Awesome BB Cream 30g (Beige) - Php499 Includes Green Tea, Aloe Vera,  and antioxidants and SPF 25 to moisturize, smoothen, and correct skin. Ideal for daily use.

2. Dual Finish Face Powder 9g (Natural Beige) - Php499 Packed with Ginseng, antioxidants, and SPF 15 which provides a shine-free nourishing finish all day long.

3. Eye Candy Eyeshadow Palette 12g (EC-02/Neutral Shades) - Php699 Offers 10 glorious matte and shimmer shades. Mix and match to create endless looks, perfect for day and night looks.

4. Sweet Cheeks HD Cheek Color 6g (Summer Nights) - Php 349 Has a delicate powder formula and a flaterring range of shades that complement different skin tones. Infused with Aloe Vera and Vitamins A, C, and E to nourish skin.


 5. Our Lil' Secret Concealer 13g (Medium) - Php 299 Long-lasting medium coverage in a very easy-to-blend application. Infused with Cucumber Fruit and Chamomile Extract to help minimize and soothe irritations and puffiness.

6. Sugartint Lip and Cheek Tint 9g (Pink Paradise) - Php 349 Formulated with Coconut Oil, Aloe Vera and Vitamins A, C , and E. Long-lasting and verstile, and promises to help achieve perfectly pigmented cheeks and hydrated lips.

7.-8. HD Lipstick 3.4g (Rebel) - Php 299 and Creamy Matte Lipstick 3.4g (Royals) - Php 349 The HD lipstick with just one swipe gives high-intensity color that lasts, and keeps lips soft & moisturized. While the Creamy Matte Lipstick adds drama to your pout without drying your lips. Both include Vitamin E and Shea Butter.


9. Honey, I'm Good Eyeliner Duo 1.2g (Black) - Php 349 Features a retractable pencil tip and a felt tip on the other that make everyday eyeliner application smudge-proof and hassle-free.



Excuse my oily and almost foundation-free skin (it has been a long day!) just wanted to show you how the HD lipstick in Rebel looks like when applied. :)

All in all that's Php 3,691! Not bad, especially since I know I will be using most, if not all, of the products inside this month's box (you can check www.bdjbox.com for more information about Belle De Jour's subscription boxes). I am just dreading how bad I'd feel next month when everyone else gets their December box. They ran out really quickly and I wasn't able to subscribe. :'( Oh well, I can always reapply more of this red lipstick. 💋 Teehee.

3 comments

zaixhi said...

I got this box too and I am using now the Honey I'm good eyeliner duo

zaixhi said...

I got this box too and I am using now the Honey I'm good eyeliner duo

Missus C said...

It's nice right? You get a felt tip on one side and pencil liner on the other. Super convenient since you get 2 products in one. Did you get the black one as well? :)